Online submissions open on 1 October 2018 and closes on 25 January 2019.
Final papers are due 24 May 2019.
Types of Contribution
- 6 page peer reviewed paper, 20 min presentation (15 min presentation and 5 min Q&A), published in the open-access IFAC-PapersOnLine INSseries hosted on ScienceDirect and indexed on SCOPUS.
- Template: LaTeX MS Word
- 2 page peer reviewed abstract with at least one industrial author, 20 min presentation (15 min presentation and 5 min Q&A). Are not published in IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- Template abstract: LaTeX MS Word
- 2-page peer reviewed abstract, poster of max. size A0 (portrait, 841 x 1189 mm), 3-5 min presentation.
- No poster template is provided.
- Template abstract: LaTeX MS Word
Submissions must be made electronically using the IFAC PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System on https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl
Please visit www.ifac.papercept.net/conferences/manuals/authorgetstarted.pdf for detailed instructions on the paper submission process on PaperPlaza.
We will provide on-site technical support in each conference room to facilitate a smooth course of oral presentations. We ask you to adhere to the following guidelines.
- A 20 minutes time slot is allocated for your presentation (approximately 15 minutes talk and 5 minutes discussion). Please, strictly observe the 20 minutes time limit.
- Please, bring your presentation file on a USB stick (USB flash drive) and copy it to the presentation computer in the break before your session.
- Please prepare your slides with an aspect ratio of 4:3 in the usual PowerPoint file formats .pptx, .ppxs, .ppt, .pps or as a PDF file.
- There are no standard slide templates for this conference. You are free to use your own style template. Use only standard TrueType fonts as otherwise legibility on the presentation computer cannot be guaranteed.
- The conference language is English. Please, use only English in your oral presentation and on all your slides.
- Authors of posters are themselves responsible for printing the poster and for mounting it on the billboards available in front of the conference rooms. Adhesive tape will be available at the conference office. There is no possibility for printing the poster at the conference site.
- The billboards will be available during the whole conference. The posters can be mounted on the billboards at any time before the poster session and may stay there until the end of the conference.
- The maximum size of a poster is DIN A0 (portrait, 841 x 1189 mm).
- Authors of poster presentation should prepare a 3 minutes oral presentation for the conference, in addition to the poster. Slides for the 3 minutes oral presentation must be transferred from USB to the PC in the room before the poster session.
- The conference language is English. Please, use only English on your poster.
All publication material submitted for presentation at an IFAC-sponsored meeting (Congress, Symposium, Conference, Workshop) must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. IFAC-sponsored conferences will abide by the highest standard of ethical behavior in the review process as explained on the Elsevier webpage, and the authors will abide by the IFAC publication ethics guidelines.
Accepted papers that have been presented at an IFAC meeting will be published in the proceedings of the event using the open-access IFAC-PapersOnLine series hosted on ScienceDirect. To this end, the author(s) must confer the copyright to IFAC when they submit the final version of the paper through the paper submission process. The author(s) retain the right to use a copy of the paper for personal use, internal institutional use at the author(s)’ institution, or scholarly posting at an open web site operated by the author(s) or their institution, limited to non-commercial use. Any other use of the paper requires approval by IFAC.